Clutter IV

Buy – Clutter IV: Minigame Madness (PC)

Buy – Clutter IV: Minigame Madness (Mac)

Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour starts you off with a slide show, as if you’ve just come back from vacation. But it’s a vacation filled with memories of different games and puzzles.

As always, there’s a quest or two, but this is more about the new variations and some new challenging Minigames. One new variation is called Clutter Lines, where lining up the Clutter just seems to make it a bit harder. And we have some new Extreme puzzles as well. You can take as long as you want to clear the Extreme Butterflies.

There are new variations on the Slider, Stretch, Jigsaw puzzles called Kaleidoscope. It’s for the people who didn’t think the Slider puzzles were challenging enough. After you solve it, you’ll get to see the original picture from which it was created.

A Minigame called Flowers has just been added. It’s part of the new GapWar section. As always, there are many variations and many levels of difficulty. It’s my new favorite. In the basic variation, you have to match up all the flowers so there is no half-flower anywhere, not even on an edge.

The Two Queens is my first attempt at a non-puzzlely Minigame. It feels more like a solitaire challenge. I can’t always beat it, but I liked both “Threes” by Asher Vollmer and “2048” by Gabrielle Cirulli so much that I decided to create my own game with many variations using that basic game mechanic of sliding in 4 directions.

Most of the Art in Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour was done by the exceptionally talented Dj Curtin. I especially like the backgrounds he did for Box Quotes. You solve those puzzles by swapping letters within any vertical column. Whenever an entire word is correct, it locks into place.

There are Blockers, Hint Coins, Letters and Puzzles Pieces in the main Quest again but no real story because, this time, it’s all about the puzzles. Enjoy – and come back here and let me know what you think of the games.

Buy Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour

1. Anna says:

How do you get to the “50 extra” sliders? I can’t seem to find them. Thank you!

Hi Anna:

If you place your mouse on the box of cards to the left of the projector….there are six more areas to play there…and two of them are the Sliders that use 50 different pictures.

Hope that helps.
      Glad you’re enjoying the games.

2. Laura says:

Hi, Were you aware that sometimes during the mirror jigsaw puzzles that use L-shaped pieces, the small squares that are already on the board somehow connect themselves to the L-shaped piece and shift out of place slightly. When this happens, when the puzzle cannot be properly completed. Even if the pieces are all installed, the button signifying the end of the puzzle does not appear. I’ve been stuck on a particular one for over a week and no matter how careful I am not to budge those little squares, they still sometimes move. It is frustrating beyond belief.

3. Stephanie says:

I just started playing Clutter IV 3 days ago and I LOVE it. I love the Butterflies, they are Beautiful!!. I never noticed how beautiful they are before in my life, but they are. I love mirror, mirror. And I haven’t played everything yet but I love the Solitaire!!! Started with 4 kings….how did you come up with that?? I love it!! I just love it. I love the Stockpiles, I love the Memory games, the Block quotes…all of it. I don’t want to come to work (at work now), don’t want to leave the house. I just got a new laptop with quad core and I am so happy I did, no slowing down and losing the mouse pointer…I am so happy!! I love this game, there is nothing in the world like Clutter!!1 I am so Happy I found this. Did I say I was Happy!…LOL.

Hi Stephanie:

The Four Kings game was inspired by “Threes” by Asher Vollmer and 2048 by Gabriele Cirulli on Mobile. There versions is closest to the One Jack variation but they use a 4×4 grid and only have one rule set. I wanted to do Cards and I was most interested in the Two Queens variation and I made it a 5×5 because of that. The Two Queens is still my favorite.

Glad you’re enjoying them.

4. Anne Baer says:

I am addicted to your Clutter Games! They are clever and fascinating. I have all four. In Clutter IV, I love the Extreme Clutter, Quotes, and the Brick Blockers. Don’t care for the Solitaire, but I can skip that. Thanks for giving us a choice of music! Can’t WAIT for the next game!

5. Henrietta Prescott says:

I am stuck with a dialup internet which takes a long time to download things. do you have a disk that i can order? i would like to have Clutter III AND IV if possible. Thanks; Henrietta Prescott